Resistance Training- Intermediate Glutes & Legs
- Dumbbells and a small towel (~face cloth size) are recommended for this workout
- A balance support (Chair, countertop) may be helpful for technique support
- A mat or cushion for your knees may be helpful if you choose the floor progression exercises.
- Note: most of the moves can be done using only body weight
- This workout focuses on the lower body
- All of the exercises are done either from a standing position or from the floor in a quadruped position
- Due to form, technique, balance and mobility requirements this is considered an intermediate level workout
- Note: with modifications this session is achievable for introductory level exercisers
Resistance training disclaimer
- This is an unsupervised online exercise video. We advise all participants to review their current exercise/fitness level to determine if this session is appropriate for you.
- If resistance training is new to you please discuss with your physician, prior to participating.
- Do not start an exercise session if you are feeling unwell and discontinue exercise if symptoms arise. Symptoms may include but are not limited to; shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, light-headiness. If you develop worsening symptoms that are not relived by rest – seek medical attention.
- Remember you are in control of your own workout. Exercise at your own level/pace.
- Please complete a 3-5 minutes warm up prior to starting this exercise routine.