Advanced Standing Core Workout
- This core workout will address your abdominal and back muscles as well as the stability muscles of your hips/glutes
- All of the exercises will be done from a standing position. Due to the advanced nature of the workout there will be no balance support used to demonstrate the exercises – NOTE: balance support items are always welcome
- There will be 2 circuits of 5-6 exercises. Each circuit will be completed twice. Each exercise will be completed for ~ 30-45 seconds
- Intermediate-advanced level balance is recommended
What you will need
- A sturdy chair or balance support (optional)
- A set of medium to light dumbbells (optional)
- Supportive footwear
Advanced resistance training disclaimer
- This is an unsupervised online exercise video. We advise all participants to review their current exercise/fitness level to determine if this session is appropriate for you.
- If high intensity exercise is new to you please discuss with your physician, prior to participating.
- Do not start an exercise session if you are feeling unwell and discontinue exercise if symptoms arise. Symptoms may include but are not limited to; shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, light-headiness. If you develop worsening symptoms that are not relived by rest – seek medical attention.
- Remember you are in control of your own workout. Exercise at your own level/pace.
- Please complete a 3-5 minutes warm up prior to starting this exercise routine.
Want more information?
- Speak to an Exercise Therapist.
- Looking for Basic or Intermediate Core options; Check out: Basic Core Workout- Chair & Standing and or Intermediate Core Workout
- Looking for plank options; check out: Plank Progressions, Plank Progressions 2.0 and Plank Progressions 3.0
- Looking for some other advanced core training options; check out: Core Circuit-Abdominals or TABATA -Core