Modified Sun Salutations
- Sun Salutations are a series of poses which work all major muscles and joints through a greater range of motion
- Sun Salutations ca be done as part of your warm-up routine prior to yoga practice or as a way to start your day with activity.
- Sun Salutations can be used as an exercise routine in itself
- Complete the series at least once on the right and left ides
- Repeated cycles can be done to extend the duration of the session.
- Concentrate on the breathing throughout the routine
- Always work within your own abilities and limitations.
- Wear non-slip shoes (bare foot if comfortable and appropriate for you)
- Use yoga mat or towel if available
- Take breaks when needed and be mindful of your breathing.
Advanced exercise disclaimer
- This is an unsupervised online exercise video. We advise all participants to review their current exercise/fitness level to determine if this session is appropriate for you.
- If yoga is new to you please discuss with your physician, prior to participating.
- Do not start an exercise session if you are feeling unwell and discontinue exercise if symptoms arise. Symptoms may include but are not limited to; shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, light-headiness. If you develop worsening symptoms that are not relived by rest – seek medical attention.
- Remember you are in control of your own workout. Exercise at your own level/pace.