- This video is focusing on the very versatile and modifiable core exercise known as a plank
- The plank exercise helps you to strengthen both your back and your abdominal muscles at the same time. This helps to create muscular balance and can improve posture.
- The plank is a static exercise – it requires very little or no movement once you are in position.
- Remember to take your time getting up or down off the ground. When performing your plank remember to keep breathing.
- The only equipment you need is your own body weight and maybe a mat or towel for your elbows or hand to rest on.
- Whether you are a beginner or more advanced, there is a plank option for you.
Advanced resistance training disclaimer
- This is an unsupervised online exercise video. We advise all participants to review their current exercise/fitness level to determine if this session is appropriate for you.
- If high intensity exercise is new to you please discuss with your physician, prior to participating.
- Do not start an exercise session if you are feeling unwell and discontinue exercise if symptoms arise. Symptoms may include but are not limited to; shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, light-headiness. If you develop worsening symptoms that are not relived by rest – seek medical attention.
- Remember you are in control of your own workout. Exercise at your own level/pace.
- Please complete a 3-5 minutes warm up prior to starting this exercise routine.
Want more information?
- Speak to an Exercise Therapist.
- Check out this Plank Progression handout