- This session will take you through 8 basic balance exercises. Feel free to take this session a few times through.
- What you will need:
- a firm sturdy surface clear of clutter (hardwood, tile or laminate is preferred over carpet)
- A sturdy balance support (countertop, sturdy chair, railing etc.)
- Some of the exercises require movement (walking etc.) A cane or other mobility device may be useful to some
Resistance training disclaimer
- This is an unsupervised online exercise video. We advise all participants to review their current exercise/fitness level to determine if this session is appropriate for you.
- If resistance training is new to you please discuss with your physician, prior to participating.
- Do not start an exercise session if you are feeling unwell and discontinue exercise if symptoms arise. Symptoms may include but are not limited to; shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, light-headiness. If you develop worsening symptoms that are not relived by rest – seek medical attention.
- Remember you are in control of your own workout. Exercise at your own level/pace.
- Please complete a 3-5 minutes warm up prior to starting this exercise routine.
- Check out the Next Steps – Basic Balance Assessment
- Check out the Balance Training segment on our main program page
- Check out the Next Steps – Intermediate Balance Workout
- Check out the Next Steps – Advanced Balance Workout
- Check out the Next Steps – Balance Workshop